200-Hour Yoga for Wellness
Teacher Training Course
Ho Minh City, Vietnam
Tuition & General Info
This is a beautifully balanced, well paced course (both the 3 and 6 week extended courses are meant to be gentle on everyone's bodies. Stronger students will be encouraged to do more while those needing an easier practice are encouraged to challenge themselves safely, with all encouraged to rest when needed. This course presents very strong emphasis on healing the body and you will learn to listen deeply to your mind body and heart. Our course covers Hatha (with some gentle flow), Iyengar, Restorative and Yin based asana, along with tons of meditation and pranayama.
We allow up to 12 people in each course due to props usage (we will be teaching you on the yoga wall with ropes, blocks, bolsters, straps and chairs at times throughout this course).
Regular course price: $2,800 USD (VND rate is based on current exchange rate) or preregistration fees as listed below for early registrations.
6 Week Extended Course, Weekdays Only : August 24th - October 5th, 2018
Daily class is held Monday through Friday from 8:30am - 2:30pm with no class on September 3rd (public holiday). Early registration is now closed. To register, the course fee is 2,800 USD and must be paid in order full.
6 Week Extended Course Weekdays Only : October 25th - December 7th, 2018
Daily class is held Monday through Friday from 8:30am - 2:30pm with no class on November 12th and 9th. If registered and paid in full by July 25th, 2018, course fees are 2,600 USD. By July 26th, fees are 2,800 USD and must be paid in full.
6 Week Extended Course Weekdays Only : March 1st - April 11th, 2019
Daily class is held Monday through Friday from 8:30am - 2:30pm. If registered and paid in full by September 1st, 2018, course fees are 2,400 USD. By January 1st fees are 2,600 USD. From January 2nd fees are 2,800 USD and must be paid in full.
3 Week Summer Immersion: June 15th - July 6th, 2019
Daily class is held from 7:00am - 5:00pm with June 23rd and June 30th off days. If registered and paid in full by December 15th, 2018, course fees are 2,400 USD. By April 15th fees are 2,600 USD. From April 16th, fees are 2,800 USD and must be paid in full.
If you would like to make a deposit to secure your space in the course, the fee is 1,400 USD. The remaining 1,400 USD must be paid no later than 30 days prior to the start date of the training. Sign ups 30 days in advance or less, must be paid in full. Once registered or your deposit has been paid, you will receive your course reading materials, and training videos.
Payment options: Credit or debit card, cash or wire/bank transfers. To pay in cash or by bank transfer, send us an email and for cash payments, or call us directly at +84 96 483 0101.
You may also make payments in cash or by credit before or after scheduled weekly classes at Jiva Studio. Please send an SMS to +8490 835 2265 to arrange time.
200 - Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Course
This is a globally recognised, Vietnam-based yoga training, accredited with the Worldwide Yoga Alliance. Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Certificate. You will then be able to register with Yoga Alliance and teach yoga anywhere in the world.
Course fees include: Your "Yoga for Wellness" Teaching Certificate, a comprehensive course manual, course reading materials and prep videos.
Out of town guests:
There are plenty of Air BnB's near Jiva Studio to come and stay in Vietnam while you train. With the 6 week program, you can get away form weekends or explore the city. Our area of HCMC is Thao Dien, District 2 and is a quaint town that has become a hot spot for travelers due to it's simple charm, awesome restaurants and easy walking, biking and daily living. Let us know if we can help to assist or advise.
Beyond Professional into the Personal
The 200-Hour Yoga for Wellness Teacher Training is a well-balanced curriculum of asana, pranayama, and meditation study and guided practice as well as engaging topics in yoga anatomy, heritage, lifestyle, and what it means to be a modern yogi. Participants can expect to come away with:
- a set of tools with which to develop and teach meaningful, balanced hatha yoga classes
- a foundation in proper alignment, intelligent progression, and physical safety
- a meaningful shared experience with like-minded mentors, peers, and friends
- a much deeper personal yoga practice
Suzanne designed this course based on over 20 years of research, teaching, and study under some of the most respected gurus in yoga today, including Anna Forest of Forest Yoga. It is brimming with practical wisdom and experience as she shares practices and techniques that have helped countless students find stability and vibrant health.
Because she sees herself as a student first and a teacher second, Suzanne brings tremendous empathy and humility to her instruction. This course goes far beyond learning to teach yoga. It is a voyage of exploration in which we learn to approach our students (and ourselves) as whole people, on all levels (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual). In the process, past students have found this training to be a launching pad for their own personal growth as well as professional development.
- Focus on the Body: In-depth study and guided practice of yoga asana (movement and physical postures- gentle, energetic and structured), including yoga anatomy and physiology and study of the chakra system.
- Focus on the Breath: In-depth study and guided practice of pranayama techniques.
- Focus on the Mind: Introduction and practice of meditation and mindfulness styles and techniques, including establishing a personal practice in Kelee Meditation. Stress and the brain- hormones role in anxiety, depression and mental illness.
- Yoga Heritage & Lifestyle: study and application of the Yoga Sutras, introduction to Ayurveda, health, wellness and nutrition, and the concept of seva or service to humanity.
- The Modern Yogi, Part 1: The Art of Teaching, including class planning: sequencing, pacing, setting intentions, class facilitation: finding your authentic voice, holding space, and intuition.
- The Modern Yogi, Part 2: The Science of Business, including marketing, differentiation, legal issues, business ethics, setting healthy boundaries, clarifying values and missions.
Techniques, Training & Practice: 100 hours
- In-depth study and guided practice of yoga asanas (movement and physical postures) including proper alignment, verbal and visual cueing, delivering safe, effective hands-on adjustments, modification and use of props to improve expression of a posture, using drishtis, using and strengthening bandhas, and addressing a diverse student base: those with injury and disease, those with varying levels of knowledge about yoga, those in a specific life stage such as pre or post-natal or retirement.
- In-depth study and guided practice of pranayama (yogic breathing) including the proper pairing of breath with movement, specific breathing techniques for heating and cooling the body, energizing and calming the mind, and building core strength.
- In-depth study and guided practice of meditation & mindfulness techniques and styles, including guided visualization, concentration exercises, mantra & chanting, yoga nidra, journaling, and establishing a regular personal practice of Kelee Meditation.
Teaching Methodology: 25 hours
- Class planning –sequencing, pacing, developing students in stages, setting intentions, student learning process
- Class facilitation and delivery – finding your voice, confidence, holding space, uniting the room, verbal cueing, physical demonstration, observation, assisting and adjusting etiquette
- Addressing the specific needs of individuals and special populations within group classes and in 1:1 sessions.
- Introduction to other styles of yoga (Restorative, Yin, Iyengar)
- The business of yoga – marketing, legal issues, differentiation
- Group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
Anatomy and Physiology: 10 hours
- Study of human anatomy and physiology (organ, muscle, and skeletal systems of the body)
- Study of energy anatomy (chakra system, nadis, etc.)
- Application to specific yoga practice and postures including benefits, contraindications, modifications, use of props, and safe adjustments
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 hours
- Study and application of the Yoga Sutras, specifically the Yamas and Niyamas
- Ethics for yoga teachers
- Self development and understanding
- Nutrition, health & wellness
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Seva – being in service to humanity
Group Practicum and Presentation Skills: 15 hours
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Observing others teaching
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
Homework and Exams: 20 hours
In order to graduate and get your certification, you will need to complete homework assignments, study for, and pass a series of exams. The homework assignments can be completed during or after the course and is designed to support the material covered in class and to help you integrate what is presented into your own practice and teaching. If you are not planning to teach after this course, you may choose not to complete all of the homework assignments and instead, take the course for non- credit.
Sample Daily Schedule - 6 Week Course:
08:30 - 10:00am Asana, Pranayama & Meditation Practice
10:00 - 12:00pm Asana Breakdowns- Alignment, Cueing, Adjustments & Teaching Skills
12:00 - 01:00pm Lunch
01:00 - 02:30pm Philosophy, Self Inquiry, Wellness & Yogic Lifestyle Topics
Yoga Alliance Info
Homework: There are 20 hours worth of course homework which must be completed within 30 days of successful graduation to receive Yoga Alliance certification. You can begin working on your course homework anytime after receiving your course materials.
Attendance: This is a globally recognized training, accredited with the Worldwide Yoga Alliance. You need to have a 90% attendance rate to successfully graduate your course. If you have to miss class, you will be provided with make up work.
Yoga Alliance certification: You will receive your Yoga for Wellness certificates upon successful completion of the course. For Yoga Alliance accreditation: You have from the day you register up to 1 month after successful completion of the training to submit your homework and 10 class register to receive Yoga Alliance accreditation. You will need to attend 10 classes with a qualified Yoga Alliance registered instructor of your choice on your own time, as part of your certification for Yoga Alliance and submit a report on the class. If you are unable to attend classes with our teachers, other teachers in your area are fine, as long as they are Yoga Alliance instructors. We will provide you a sign off sheet and instructions for writing class reports once you are registered.
Our studio is a short motorbike or taxi ride away from downtown Ho Chi Minh City in the outskirts called Thao Dien, An Phu, District 2. This is a beautiful area with a local, hip vibe; a developing yet quaint little neighborhood near the Saigon River with lots of great coffee shops to have a quiet meal or mix it up with local and expat others.
We have lots of chilled out places in the area with amazing local and western food where you can lounge around, read a book or do your homework. Accomodations near the studio range from very affordable to luxury. District 2 is a great place to call home for awhile as you train, focus on yourself and your studies. There are lots of quiet little streets to ride a bike (you can bike to class, most apartments and rental places would have a bike to borrow if you ask) or take a long walk in the evenings. It is also easy to rent a motorbike if you feel like scooting around. Take a motorbike taxi or a drive yourself over the Saigon Bridge over to downtown to see the markets, do a bit of shopping and catch a little Saigon city action on your day off. Or just kick back in District two and chill out.
We are happy to assist you in finding accomodations or you can check out Air BnB to get a feel for what's on offer.
Vegan Food Delivery
To support the intense daily yoga practice and study schedule with Suzanne Vian and her incredible team, La Holista is delighted to offer a wholesome, plant-based and delicious lunch for 100,000 VND only, delivery to Jiva Studio included.
The meals are designed by Chiara Squinzi, Italian certified Health Coach, and are balanced in macro and micronutrients in order to sustain the body and mind through this special time of learning and transformation.
Meals will include vegetable and lentil curries, roasted vegetables and mashed sweet potatoes, wholewheat pasta with lentil bolognese, bean chilli with organic brown rice, and our best seller avocado open sandwiches on brown rice gluten-free bread with cashew cheese.
Full menu available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org; orders should be placed 24 hours prior.*
Additional snacks (Oat Cookies, Energy Balls, Protein Sports Balls, Nice-Cream) or breakfast items (Meal Replacement Bar, Organic Mango Chia Pudding) are available to order with free delivery too!
* Daily minimum order: 5 people
In order for Suzanne to maintain a high level of personal attention for each trainee and ensure quality education, student numbers are limited.
GROUPS OF 3 OR MORE STUDENTS: If a group signs up and paying at once receive a 10% discount off the regular price of the course.
Refund Policy: There are no refunds for our courses. If we must cancel a course, a full refund will be given. Courses and classes are transferrable. If you must miss a course or event due to an emergency, you may attend a future course within 18 months of your cancelation date, based on space availability.
Thank you and Namaste!